For this week’s video, Teacher ventured to Victoria’s south-east to Dandenong High School. There, the team spoke to Maria Papazoglou, manager of the school’s Learning Resource Centre about her favourite books for reluctant readers in a secondary school setting.
In the video, Maria recommends the following titles, emphasising that each can engage students in different ways.
- Amulet, Kazu Kibuishi
- Maximum Ride, James Patterson
- The Stormbreaker series, Anthony Horowitz
- Guinness Book of World Records, edited by Craig Glenday
- Once, Morris Gleitzman
- Punchlines, Oliver Pommervanh
- The Big Book of Old Tom, Leigh Hobbs
- The Fault in Our Stars, John Green.
Stay tuned for Part 2 of this video where we speak to Peter Hillman from Scotch College and Carmel Eyre from Glen Eira College. These Victorian teachers will bring you a whole new list of titles for reluctant readers to add to your school library.